Dedimania forum

Feel free to express yourself on your favorite dedicated related tool.

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » News
  •  » ShootMania Dedimania Records

#1 2013-05-09 15:32:32

Ðevota»steeffeen
tm2:steeffeen
Website

ShootMania Dedimania Records

Hey there,

I was wondering if it is possible to implement Dedimania records for Shootmania as well.
The regarding Game Modes would be TimeAttack, Obstacle and TimeTrial. In case you don't know them: They are basically TrackMania inside ShootMania. -> You have to finish a map as fast as possible.

As author of the Obstacle mode I could add any needed functions to make it possible.

Regards,
Steff

(Sorry if I'm writing in the wrong subforum.)

#2 2013-05-09 15:37:45

Lukas
tm2:kremsy

Re: ShootMania Dedimania Records

Hello Guys,

I really like the idea to also get dedimania into Shootmania!

I would implement full dedimania support to MPAseco, if it get supported in the future.

Best regards,
Lukas

Last edited by tm2:kremsy (2013-05-09 15:38:36)

#3 2013-06-03 23:07:08

Ðevota»steeffeen
Website

is there any chance that we could get at least a "no, there won't be dedimania records for shootmania"? just something would be great..

#4 2013-06-03 23:30:02

TX-Slig
slig
Fast author / Dedimania maintainer
Website

Well, i just don't know. I for sure not have time for it for now. And if it comes then i think that there will be no support at all against eventual cheaters.
Also, what kind of data it would be possible to send ? final time ? checkpoints times ?

#5 2013-06-03 23:42:26

Ðevota»steeffeen
Website

thanks for the response! smile
that it can't be done in just a few hours is clear to me and i don't expect miracles, it's just about the possibilities for now smile

yeah i thought about the issue with the cheating prevention as well, i guess we will have to see whether there are still other possible solutions

everything you need will be possible because you can create your own callbacks with the script
- final times
- checkpoint times
- respawn count
and any other stuff you would like to get, even though i can't think of more yet ^^
currently there are callbacks sent each time a player reaches a checkpoint and each time a player finishes (including respawn count) in a json format for mpaseco and in a compatible format for fox control
adding additional stuff would be no problem at all

regards
steff

• Index
  •  » News
  •  » ShootMania Dedimania Records

Board footer