Dedimania forum

Feel free to express yourself on your favorite dedicated related tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-01-02 23:28:51

·czarnywilk?
czarnywilk

Deleting dedi records? Multiaccount or what?

Hi

I play trackmania (nadeo maps) 3-4 years & never cheating.

Let me know why my records are removed from the dedimania. I suspect that this was a "multiaccount" but where is any information about that "multiaccount"is prohibited?

There is not?

I do not do a new record for new accounts because I want to ... just the way it goes.

When installing the game, registration for the forum here or tmx no mention of restrictions on the use of multiple accounts. So on what basis You delete records?

rules?: http://dedimania.com/SITE/forum/viewtopic.php?id=147
any word about multiaccount

I w8 for any info.

PS. I dont care about deleted records I just wana know what basis You delete records?

-------------

sgt__woknok wrote:

Another player does this on:
UID: I7rI7jAga6C4tGAe5OTDoyLF2fh
Game mode: TAttack

#1 dedi (login: czarnywilk) is the same guy as dedi #2 (login: carlos_sainz2) and dedi #23 (login: 010101010101010)

In doubt, comparing nicknames might give you answers.

xymph wrote:

Yeah, these all correlate to "вιαсκшоιғ" in POL, so everything except his best rec deleted on all tracks where he had duplicates (there was one more login: umyjokno). Thanks for the heads-up.

btw U dont finde my other 7 accounts ;p

Last edited by czarnywilk (2011-01-02 23:53:49)

#2 2011-01-06 01:34:15

???«Need Coppers ? »
william_h_bonney

Re: Deleting dedi records? Multiaccount or what?

Yes i think this needs to be cleared up also.
If someone was to go out and spend £20 per game and buy 5 = £100 why shouldnt they be able to race these accounts how they wish, after all they did pay real money for them.

Some people also buy new accounts so they can earn more coppers to play in solo with.

Also i know of a player who sells Trackmania Coppers for real life money, now is this not fraudulent?? Avoidance of tax etc. Someone who sets up a server and gets many donations from players then sells them for Euros?? that doesnt sound good to me

#3 2011-01-06 01:47:06

·czarnywilk?
czarnywilk

My post is from 2011-01-02 21:28:51

Coz  dedimania team ignore this  post  ^^

why?  Becouse wy have right & they dont know now what to say.

Thats all from me

GL HF & BB

btw i think i can get  on a14  dedi from 10 to 30 ^^  so lets try this. (20 new accounts 20 other locations 20 other  nicks  20 others ip.  can u delete all? ;p

#4 2011-01-06 22:25:19

Xymph
xymph
Website

czarnywilk wrote:

Coz  dedimania team ignore this  post  ^^

why?  Becouse wy have right & they dont know now what to say.

Because I have a life, and not always time to reply right away, especially if a post requires a bit more thought. And then I got distracted with another possible problem.

czarnywilk wrote:

btw i think i can get  on a14  dedi from 10 to 30 ^^  so lets try this. (20 new accounts 20 other locations 20 other  nicks  20 others ip.  can u delete all?

You can. But if you do, you're pretty pathetic.

As mentioned in the other thread you selectively quoted from, "I do (ir)regularly scan the database for triplicate+ nicknames on tracks, but (as the word implies) only for three or more identical nicks."
There is no hard and fast rule about this, and I haven't recently talked to Slig about it (who's been sorta MIA for weeks now, even by email). Not everything can or should be captured in rules, some things are just common sense and social behavior.

It's common sense that semi-monopolizing a track's record list with several or more accounts is frustrating to other players, both in seeing the same/similar nick all over the list, and in leaving fewer slots for other players to gain a top-30 spot. Yes, you may be such an awesome driver that you can grab 15-20 spots, but actually doing it would demonstrate a rather anti-social personality. You could just as well demonstrate your ability by driving top-10 times on 15-20 tracks, and be a more accomplished and all-round driver for it.

So I occasionally scan for triplicate+ nicks and prune all but the best time, primarily to give other players a chance and level the playing field a tiny bit. But it's something I spend little time on, and as you note it would be easy to circumvent. All I can do is appeal to your conscience: do you want to be a nice, versatile player that masters tons of different tracks, or a jerk on a few? smile

Board footer