Dedimania forum

Feel free to express yourself on your favorite dedicated related tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-03-12 13:15:57

BR-Mort
_bb_mort

Code used by deditest

Hi Slig,

I'm trying to write a small server test program using php and I'm having problems getting fsockopen to read my TM ports to see if they are active or not. It works when I test on the local network, but not from the internet.

I used your deditest http://dedimania.net/deditest/ and it works ok, so I figure it's just my script and my total n00b lack of php skillz.

I'm just wondering if you'd be interested in sharing what method you are using to scan/test the TM ports in deditest or if you might be able to give me a tip of what I need to do to get the port test to work from the internet?

Thanks,
Mort.

#2 2012-03-12 18:04:19

TX-Slig
slig
Fast author / Dedimania maintainer
Website

Re: Code used by deditest

You can get it there : http://dedimania.net/deditest//tm_srv_tst.zip
Of course, it has to be hosted on a server which allow php scripts to use fsockopen on external ip, and which does not filter the tested outgoing connections.

Note: I got the codes to make a game-like first request by sniffing (using wireshark) what is sent by the game when connecting to the server. I done it long time ago and only for tmo/tms/tmf ; there can be variations making it fail to recognize the real server type. Btw at least without it it allow to test if something is replying on the indicated ip/ports.

#3 2012-03-18 03:10:21

BR-Mort
_bb_mort

Re: Code used by deditest

Thanks slig,

I just want to test that there is a "server" responding on those ports an d for some reason my current fsockopen requests aren't good enough to tell.

I'll see how it goes, there might just be something simple I'm missing.

update: your script works from dedimania.net to my server, but fails to ocnnect when run on my webhost so it looks like it's something specific to my host. I've asked them to see if they are any ideas why.

Last edited by _bb_mort (2012-03-18 03:22:59)

Board footer