Dedimania forum

Feel free to express yourself on your favorite dedicated related tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-02 04:38:35

>!MAD!</|\/\ad|\/\att
tm2:madmatt01

Brake Trick

Hello all, on Valley C02 by Nadeo, somebody with a login "-faizza-" (without quotes) has a replay where he uses the brake trick used by Cordanis on high speed tracks, his time is 44:288 and i was hoping to get this resolved, as having a cheated dedi is not fun sad thanks in advance! (sorry 44:288, not 42)

MadMatt

Last edited by tm2:madmatt01 (2015-07-02 04:43:09)

#2 2015-07-02 15:45:01

Vrba
tm2:vrbnjak
Moderator TM²
Website

Re: Brake Trick

Just so you know, the world record on that map is 43.718, so this time is in fact half a second away from it. I looked at the replay, and it's normal, there's nothing weird in it. As for the brake trick, I don't see this being a cheat, rather a trick. There's no need to get all sour if someone beats your record by doing these brake tricks. Use them yourself and take back the record.

And keep in mind: Macro is NOT allowed, brake trick however is allowed.

Best regards
Vrba

Last edited by tm2:vrbnjak (2015-07-02 16:01:39)

#3 2015-07-02 15:49:24

Vrba
Moderator TM²
Website

And if you ever stumble upon a real cheated record, use this topic instead.
http://dedimania.net/SITE/forum/viewtopic.php?id=395

#4 2015-07-03 14:01:28

>!MAD!</|\/\ad|\/\att

seriously? he constantly uses his brakes on the turns, tap tap tap, watch closely on his turns and you will see his skid marks, this isn't done by riolu or any other record holder, if i do such things at high speeds, i would drift, he doesn't, Cordanis was banned for this, because he used a macro, and if -faizza- does this too then why should he be let free? I am only informing you of a possible hacker, you are the admin, not me.

MadMatt

#5 2015-07-03 14:04:22

Vrba
Moderator TM²
Website

There's a difference between pressing brake 3x and 10x in the same time. roll Something is possible by human, while other is not. Tell me again now why is a trick not allowed if a person is capable of doing it without using external help.

And riolu is my friend, that helps he with checking Valley and Canyon records, so expert opinion was an addition to my decision wether the run is valid or not. If you look at his MX replay, you'll see he used it twice himself. (you apparently didn't bother to check the replay)

I've also noticed you have a history of bad behaveior so it wouldn't surprise me if you're just mad for losing a record you've tried hard to get. You just have to deal with it and accept it. I've lost a lot of good records myself and I accepted the fact that there are and allways will be better players than me.

Now that being said, you know you can use this trick yourself and get the record back to yourself.
Good luck and have fun if you do. smile

Best regards,
Vrba

Last edited by tm2:vrbnjak (2015-07-03 14:17:33)

#6 2015-07-03 14:21:44

>!MAD!</|\/\ad|\/\att

you do know, doing what he did is impossible, riolu's run is, but faizza's is not, i would need the help of Cordanis's external program to even catch up to him, he does it like 5 times on each turn he makes (faizza), and if Cordanis does that, why was he banned? we dont know if he uses a program or not, but i know this, he is new to valley, and to do this all of a sudden is very suspicious, im sorry, but im not letting this go that easily. Yes my attitude in the past has been reckless, but now i am actually using the forums to solve problems, instead of banning people and raging, so if you would try and believe me, i would be grateful

MadMatt

#7 2015-07-03 14:36:05

Vrba
Moderator TM²
Website

Hmm, maybe I believe you about the attitude part, but those runs look 100% valid. If they look 100% valid and are checkef from a side of professional there's no more arguing about it.
The login -faizza- is also playing since 24th of December 2014, so not a really new player. Might be his 2nd account, because he lost old one or any other reason, which isn't really my concern.

For now I'll choose to ignore this record unless you provide me with more ''suspicious'' records driven by him.

Best regards,
Vrba

#8 2015-07-03 15:51:49

AwS riolu!
tm2:riolu

Just throwing my 2 cents here as well.

tm2:madmatt01 wrote:

he does it like 5 times on each turn he makes (faizza)
MadMatt

Only the case for the first turn. In the other turns I cannot spot any brake tricks, except for 2 small ones in the left corner in the loop, which is a fairly slow corner to be honest where brake tricking is easily possible.

For your information, Cordanis' replays have been analyzed by Nadeo and is has been proven that he has been using macros - means we can be 100% that Cordanis cheated, while in this case I highly doubt there are any third party tools being used. The amount of brake tricks doesn't really tell much, someone might just spam on their keyboard and get through. I rather prefer focussing on the accuracy and duration of each of the brake tricks because that is what a macro's big advantage is. After having watched the replay closely, I can conclude that every brake trick has a different duration, which means that there is no way of having third party tools running in the background. Faizza (Leandagu) also doesn't seem to be using it in every corner, only on those where it's worth attempting to do so. In the last corner for instance, there is not a single brake trick (while Cordanis did like 7 during that corner if you remember).
Taking the age of the account into consideration is not a legit argument in this case. As Vrba already pointed out, it might be a 2nd account or just a real talent tongue

#9 2015-07-04 00:21:38

cleef*
tm2:cleef1337

wrong section oops smile

Last edited by tm2:cleef1337 (2015-07-04 00:42:01)

Board footer