Dedimania forum

Feel free to express yourself on your favorite dedicated related tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-30 00:51:31

slunigo
tm2:slunigo

Times/records on server not linked to Dedimania

So, I will be the first to say that I am completely stumped on this. I have little to no knowledge about Dedimania and how it works, or any other 'technical' stuff regarding the server hosting. For example, I'm not sure what the 'maxranks' is about. Which is the reason why I didn't set up my own server somewhere, but got a 'pre-made' one from a host.

Either way, I started renting a server last week and things are picking up - we're doing well with people coming back more often, etc. There is still quite a few things I need to work out (i.e. I don't know how to get a plugin that lets people pay planets for a replay - looked but can't find it).

But one of my main concerns at the moment is, any time achieved on my server, is not being updated as a Dedimania record. Granted, most aren't good enough to be on the record list, but if I compare some of the times people achieved and are stored as a 'local record', they should definitely be in the top 100 for some tracks. However, no times/records are being updated and added to the Dedimania list. I feel quite stupid, but I'm thinking this has to do with the maxrank? However, being unsure about the entire system, I have no idea what the problem is exactly, nor how to fix it.

Not sure what info you guys need, so I'll just start with some and just ask if you need something else. I'd really like Dedimania records to work (and not just show up, but be updated with local times as well).
Server host: NC1.eu
Server name: Fun Maps - T7L
Server account: slunigonl
Slots: 50
Server MaxRank: 30 (according to http://dedimania.net/tm2stats/?do=stat)
Player MaxRank: 15 (according to http://dedimania.net/tm2stats/?do=stat& … ow=PLAYERS)

Please, let me know if you need more info! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by tm2:slunigo (2015-07-30 00:53:04)

#2 2015-07-30 06:31:29

TX-Slig
slig
Fast author / Dedimania maintainer
Website

Re: Times/records on server not linked to Dedimania

Your server seems to be Stadium in TA, so it's real default maxrank (ie the max top records which will be stored for it) is 15. For any other environment/mode the default is 30 (which was the historical value).

Most is indicated on the donation page about premium accounts ( http://dedimania.net/tm2stats/?do=donation ) :

The default number of records by challenge/game mode on Dedimania for TM² is 30(*). It means that :
* a player who increased its own maxrank will be able to make records above rank 30, whatever the server maxrank is !
* a server who increased its maxrank will allow all its players to make records above rank 30 (some players may also have individually a maxrank higher) !

So, for each player playing on a server, his effective maxrank is the higest of his own maxrank and the server maxrank.

Donation to Dedimania to get premium access (use buttons above: make in the donation paypal page a comment about what login to what maxrank, so i will know what to upgrade!) :

Premium server account: (no duration limit)
- 2€ => top40
- 6€ => top60
- 10€ => top80

Premium player account: (no duration limit, any premium account has replays access if previously registered one time on http://dedimania.net/tm2stats/?do=auth so i can change its status)
- 1€ => top40
- 2€ => top60
- 3€ => top80
- 4€ => top100

(*) maybe less than 30 for free games/environments/modes (ie actually Stadium² in TimeAttack), to compensate the increased number of servers, maps and players, and encourage their users to do small donations.

Note1: The main goal is to get enough money to rent the Dedimania server, because beginning 2013 donations are only about 30% of the server cost from beginning !... (hopefully I could migrate to a less expensive server mid 2011 and beginning 2013 than the one used in 2010, but with TM Stadium + TM2 Stadium perhaps the current one will become really overloaded).

Note2: The increased limitations for players and/or servers have no duration limit, but there is no guaranty about how much time the Dedimania records service will work. Anyway, it will be kept active at least 6 months after you have bought your increased limitation.

#3 2015-07-30 06:57:26

slunigo

Thanks for your reply smile - but I'm still quite unsure what maxrank entails. This is me taking a punt - does maxrank 15 mean that only if someone achieves a record of 15th place/time or better for the Dedimania, it will be stored? So, let's say for Track A, the 14th time is 10:500 and the 15th time is 10:510, only times achieved on my server of 10:509 or better will be sent to the Dedimania server(s) and updated as such?

So if I want other times, such as 10:520 which for example would be 16th, to be recorded/sent to Dedimania, I need to get premium? If so, then I think I understand what it's about smile.

#4 2015-07-30 17:08:53

Vrba
tm2:vrbnjak
Moderator TM²
Website

tm2:slunigo wrote:

So if I want other times, such as 10:520 which for example would be 16th, to be recorded/sent to Dedimania, I need to get premium? If so, then I think I understand what it's about smile.

Yes, it's like this. Non premium is 15max premium is >15, depends on what you upgrade it to.

#5 2015-07-30 22:59:44

slunigo

Understood, thank you for the reply! After I donate with the including message, do I have to adjust anything on the server? Like a config file or anything? Or just donating with my server account as message and then wait for it to be adjusted?

#6 2015-07-31 01:11:22

slunigo

Alright, I just made the donation/payment with the server account name! smile Please let me know if there is anything else I need to do on my server's end!

Board footer