Dedimania forum

Feel free to express yourself on your favorite dedicated related tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-06 19:16:50

Vrba
tm2:vrbnjak
Moderator TM²
Website

Step by Step tutorial on how to spot and report suspicious records.

Here I'll describe you the 3 simple steps on how to correctly report a suspicious entry on the dedimania.net forum.

1. How to spot a potential suspicious entry?

When driving on any server, you may sometimes notice a record, that might looks suspicious.

The first thing you want to do is type /dedisectms in the chat. After you press enter a window with sectors corresponding to each record will appear. Here you can see the times between Start/CP, CP/CP and CP/Finish also known as sector times. If there should be a line with sectors that are very different from the others you might want to check if the track could potentially have a shortcut/trick to gain time.

Typing /dedicptms will show you times at each checkpoint instead of sectors. Use the one you feel more comfortable with, but I suggest using the other, as it's much easier to navigate that way.

Also worth mentioning that on servers with XAseco, on the botton right of your screen you have: PB, Local, Dedi and TMX. If you see that Dedi and TMX have the same time, the replay was probably uploaded on TMX so you can go check it there by typing /tmxinfo and then clicking on view track page

2. How to report?

As there are some rules about reporting, I'll explain to you how to understand them. First of which is using English as the reporting language, even if the moderators might understand some other languages the rule is still as such.

The basic information you need to take from TrackMania is the login of the suspicious record/records and the login of the map author.

You can locate the map author login in the top right corner of your screen. It should be located under the map name and above the track author time.

The player login can be obtained if you type /dedirecs in the chat, it will open a window with Player name | Player login | Time  The player login is listed in the middle, between the player name and the record time.

Once you've gotten both of these written down somewhere or memorised, go to http://dedimania.net/tmstats/?do=stat&Show=RECORDS you'll see a few empty spaces where you have to type in the information you've gathered before. In Login you type in the login of the player with a suspicious entry and in Author you type in the login of the map author. On the right you must also choose the enviroment in which you've seen this record.

When that's done, press the Send [>] button.

It will show you a list of all the persons records on the tracks made by that exact author. The list might be big if there's a lot of tracks made by that author, but there's a way to make the list shorter. If the suspicious record is ranked 1 on dedimania, all you have to do is click the arrow down under rank and choose Rank-1.

If the suspicious entry is any other rank, you can adjust that in the Rank menu to minimalize the list of records. On the left side of that menu, you have the Mode menu, which will let you choose between TA and Rounds. Here you choose the one in which the record was made. If you saw the record online when playing in time attack mode you choose TA, and if you were playing in rounds mode you choose Rounds.

Once that's done, you will see the record you've been searching for. Now you have to click on the track name located in the Challenge column below. After you've clicked the track name, an UID (Unique Identification Number) will appear in the previously empty UID space. Double click that number, and copy it. The UID is usually a mixture of letters, underlines and numbers for example: Qca1crgL3ymf7fFL2D6cF4EiwS6
All UID are different, but they're easily recognizable with this random pattern, so it shouldn't be missable.

Now you must go to the dedimania forum, where you will make your post in this topic: http://dedimania.net/SITE/forum/viewtopic.php?id=395
(How to register on the website can be found on step 3, if it's your first time there)

When writting the report, always make sure it doesn't contain any insults or unnecessary text that isn't really related to the report itself. I'll give you an example of what I think is a simple, yet effective report:

Login: testplayer123
UID: Qca1crgL3ymf7fFL2D6cF4EiwS6
Reason: Suspicious sectors/CPs.

That's 3 lines that give absolutely all the information needed for a record to be looked at.

3. How to register on dedimania.net?

The easiest way is to press this link http://dedimania.net/tmstats/?do=auth and type in your login and community code. The community code can be obtained here: http://official.trackmania.com/tmf-communitycode/
After that you've signed in, you will be redirected to the dedimania page. Now you can use this This topic to write your report.

I hope these steps helped you understand how the reporting works, so more people are aware of this and there's a bigger chance the possibly cheated records get removed and players that drove them banned from Dedimania.

The goal is to keep dedimania as clean as possible and as fair as possible. For any additional information feel free to ask here.

Vrba

#2 2017-03-06 22:51:57

Xymph
xymph
Website

Re: Step by Step tutorial on how to spot and report suspicious records.

Nice write-up, stickied.

tm2:vrbnjak wrote:

type /dedisectms in the chat.

Minor addition: this works only on servers using XAseco as controller. With FAST and others, comparing sectors is not supported in that way, AFAIK.

#3 2017-03-06 23:31:17

Vrba
tm2:vrbnjak
Moderator TM²
Website

Re: Step by Step tutorial on how to spot and report suspicious records.

Haven't had much experience with others in TMNF, since XAseco is the one used by majority of servers. If I stumble upon such a server I'll check what works and what doesn't.

Board footer