Dedimania forum

Feel free to express yourself on your favorite dedicated related tool.

You are not logged in.

• Index
  •  » Fast
  •  » [EN] Fast 3.2.x : installation problems (english only)

#1 2008-04-17 04:39:51

TX-Slig
slig
Fast author / Dedimania maintainer
Website

[EN] Fast 3.2.x : installation problems (english only)

Please use this thread for installation problems

If you want some help, give all usefull infos !

- Fast version
- linux or windows ?
- dedicated or not  ?  if not the last release, specify the version !!!
- behind a NAT-router or not ? which one ? is it configured ? the IP of the local computer is fixed or not ?
- Fast on the same computer than the dedicated ? if not, the remote is really permited in the dedicated config ?
- did you really verified that the dedicated.cfg file that you gave as parameter to Fast is the one used by the dedicated (or its clone if you use a remote fast)

#2 2008-07-31 23:43:05

TX-Slig
slig
Website

Re: [EN] Fast 3.2.x : installation problems (english only)

For dedicated server settings, you have some infos, and tutorials indicated there : http://www.tm-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=14203
When your dedicated will work it will be time to think to add server scripts, not before  wink

#3 2009-04-30 05:53:23

??? ????? ?????
siqpuppy

I have an issue where the track mods and music are not being sent to connected clients.  The track themselves play fine, but people do not see the mods (custom textures) for the tracks, and they never download the music.  I have tried hosting the music on my server, and hosting it on a Google site with a .loc file on the server.

Help please.

Thanks

SiqPuppy

Fast version?   3.2.2c
linux or windows ?  Windows
dedicated or not  ?  if not the last release, specify the version !!!  Dedicated, v2.11.19
behind a NAT-router or not ?  Yes
which one?  D-Link DI-524
is it configured?  Yes, ports open are 2350-2352 and 3450-3452, and 5000-5002
the IP of the local computer is fixed or not ?  fixed
Fast on the same computer than the dedicated?  Yes
if not, the remote is really permited in the dedicated config ?  n/a
did you really verified that the dedicated.cfg file that you gave as parameter to Fast is the one used by the dedicated (or its clone if you use a remote fast)?  Yes

#4 2009-05-01 02:06:28

TX-Slig
slig
Website

I am not sure about what you mean... you are speaking about mods and music which are included in maps ?
That is not related to scripts at all !  it's more a dedicated/p2p/config problem...

For music i am not sure how it is integrated in map, but for mods if you want the player to get them there are 2/3 solutions :
- have a .loc working when you set the mod to the map, so the url of the mod is included in the map (you can check if it is in the map file : open it with a text editor)
- have some player connected who have the right mod and p2p activated, so he share it
- have the server p2p activated, then if a player who have the mod played on it with a map using the mod, the server should have download it in its cache and after share it.

Best is the 1st. I discourage to use the server p2p, especially in such case : you will just succeed to lake it busy with p2p instead of making its real game server job...

• Index
  •  » Fast
  •  » [EN] Fast 3.2.x : installation problems (english only)

Board footer