Dedimania forum

Feel free to express yourself on your favorite dedicated related tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-05 20:25:53

?? :?aradiz L??G |??+??
namm1

[IDEA] To copy the Top 30 Round into Top 30 Time Attack !!

Well sorry I'm coming with a new idea, as often, it will probably be rejected, still, I'm proposing something new, and new thing are not always welcome, but I think that it would be very nice if "all" dedimania from Round would be copied to Time Attack board: advantage; a player making a good time gain the right to have his nick on TA board, no need to remake a performance that we already achieved, 2nd advantage; this will fill the empty board of TA, which i think could encourage the players to compete the new very nice boards (filled with the stars)..

As a thrifty (less costy) or ecological approche, maybe the plugings maker could add an option in the dedimania of TA board to IMPORT dedis from Round, then ONLY the maps we play would receive records.

Hoping not to preach in the desert with this new proposition...

Thx and bye

Last edited by namm1 (2020-06-07 10:12:25)

#2 2020-06-06 21:05:08

Vrba
tm2:vrbnjak
Moderator TM²
Website

Re: [IDEA] To copy the Top 30 Round into Top 30 Time Attack !!

TA leaderboards are often more tightly packed than Rounds once. Not always, but definitely most of the time. And I'm not talking only about lol/short tracks, but competition as well.

Another thing about this is, that competition players may strongly disagree with that. It's much harder to drive a very good time in rounds mode to score points opposed to only having to set a good time in the given timelimit if there is any to begin with. It would be slightly unfair to pair the two together.

There's nothing wrong with ''an idea'', but in 15 years the amount of people who came up with this idea is very small. And in a game with approximately 10m+ records accross all platforms using Dedimania, that's a lot to ask for. Let alone how much work Slig and/or Xymph would have to invest for such thing to be done.

Bare in mind, this is not Nadeo, but a 3rd party plugin for Trackmania maintained by two men in their spare time.

#3 2020-06-07 10:01:36

namm1

You miss read, I write "I think that it would be very nice if "all" dedimania from Round would be copied to Time Attack board" and NOT TA to round, of course not !!! big_smile

btw coping the dedi could be made with a command, and of course not manually smile
I can also say as a thrifty (less costy) or ecological approche, maybe the plugings maker could add an option in the dedimania of TA board to IMPORT dedis from Round, then ONLY the maps we play would receive records.

You should support my other proposition for an average dedimania in round (put in an other topic)

Last edited by namm1 (2020-06-07 11:24:31)

#4 2020-06-08 03:33:49

TX-Slig
slig
Fast author / Dedimania maintainer
Website

I understand your point, and it's true that it could have been done this way, with all kind of records (except stunt) in TA records, and Rounds like modes in Rounds records only. I don't remember if I thought about it and decide to not do it, or if I just did not thought about it...  Anyway i'm don't have willing to make such change after 15 years on the existing system.

I don't know where are things about new records system on the new TM game and who work on some, but you could suggest that to them.

#5 2020-09-18 08:46:55

namm1

I think you really should work on that, cause so many players battle to set vnts in round, but fun speed servers are off nowadays in round BUT OPEN in TA, so that would be the best occastion to HONORATE all thoses players to allow to transfer their performances to TA board (and I'm pretty sure that's not that hard to do, at least i hope so) pls work on that.

This is concerning almost hundreds of maps in fun speed style maps wink And probable more with FS maps.

If you want to do that professionnally, could you pls say me how much you want to be payed to make this work, maybe one day i will have enough money to pay u, specially if i move my a## to work hard to win money ! big_smile

Last edited by namm1 (2020-11-07 16:42:50)

#6 2020-09-18 09:20:03

Vrba
tm2:vrbnjak
Moderator TM²
Website

The thing about paying someone to do something is payment is often done upfront. wink

Board footer