Dedimania forum

Feel free to express yourself on your favorite dedicated related tool.

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-06-02 15:26:42

godspeed²Ja?-?a?
tm2:jak-jak

Map limit to 4000ko max ?

Hello,

I am a player and organizer of competition on tm2

I would like to know if it would be planned by the team of dedima to increase the limit of size of the map so that the dedimania works on these map

Currently by several test
it is necessary that the map after calculation of the shade + recording in .gbx must make 2.700ko maximum so that dedimania functions on the vanilla environment of tm²

Beyond that dedimania does not work

Will it be possible to see this one day
Currently on tm 2020 the limit is 4000ko maximum on the server and on tm2 we are really limited because of dedimania not supporting with custom item 2.700ko in total

Thank you for your answer

Thanks to you for your work since all these years

Sincerely

Jak

#2 2021-06-07 11:18:57

TX-Slig
slig
Fast author / Dedimania maintainer
Website

Re: Map limit to 4000ko max ?

Hi,

I have a limit on the number of cp, that's sure.  On map size sure that no as dedimania don't have the map itself.

I doubt that i made a limit on the replay (ghost and/or validation) on dedimania size (maybe on the complete request to dedimania, i don't remember)... are you sure that the server manager script succeed to retrieve the replays from the dedicated server ?

#3 2021-06-18 14:12:50

godspeed²Ja?-?a?

Hello,

I did not understand your request here , yeah i know for cp, ghost etc..

I just asked if one day the team that created dedimania will increase and take into account the heavier maps >2.7 mo (currently the maximum weight allowed by dedimania and 2.700ko with custom item + block classic + calculates shadows). is this planned?

try to create a map of more than 3mo on tm² vanilla and you will see that on your server dedimania does not manage to take into account that because the weight is too heavy (it does not support)

thanks to you in advance

Sincerely

Last edited by tm2:jak-jak (2021-06-18 14:16:19)

#4 2021-09-14 23:21:36

godspeed²Ja?-?a?

UP please dedimania staff ?

thx you for that

#5 2021-09-21 18:01:16

TX-Slig
slig
Fast author / Dedimania maintainer
Website

As I said the map size is not revelant as dedimania don't know it and don't receive it.

There are 2 possibilities :  the server manager script fails to get the validation and/or ghost replay from the dedicated server, or it fails to send datas to dedimania.

What manager script are you using ?  its author would more easly test that. 

Actually I don't have any active tm2 dedicated with a manager, and I did not play tm2 more than 3 hours last 2 years, so making debugging tests would take time that I don't get current days. Eventually send me a map (same email as donation one), but i have no idea when i will eventually test...
The financial balance of dedimania is negative for years, I keep it on for the community, not for me, so adding features is surely not a priority...

Board footer